CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Top Ten Favorite Movies

I love movies. I believe that movies and books are some of the only ways I am able to "escape". My brain is always on hyper-drive, and the only time it really shuts off is when I'm watching a movie or reading a really good book (textbooks don't apply). So...here's the list of my Top Ten Favorite Movies (it is a working list, as it always changes):
10. Peter Pan (the old Disney version). I seriously love this movie. It is one of my favorites from when I was a kid. I always wanted to be able to fly, and I probably secretly had a crush on Peter.
9. 13 Going on 30. I know this is a really cheesy/girly movie, but I need at least one of those on this list. I think marrying your life-long best friend is one of the coolest things ever. Plus Jennifer Garner's clothes in this movie are ever so cute. :)
8. Life is Beautiful. This is a very moving film. However, it has to be in Italian. No crappy dubbing.
7. That Thing You Do! This is just a fun movie. And I love the soundtrack.
6. Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightly version). This is the best book ever written, and this adaptation is one of my favorites. I need to find my own Mr. Darcy.
5. Gone With the Wind. Another one of the best books ever written. I think the movie is one of the best screenplays ever taken from a book. Plus, I love Scarlett's dresses. :)
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. I LOVE this movie. A very good adventure flick. And Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom couldn't be any hotter (sometimes it really is all about the shallow stuff).
3. Elizabethtown. I think this is a great "discovering yourself" movie. One that makes you contemplate your own life. I love Kirsten Dunst's "we're the substitute people" line. Who can't relate to that? This is another flick where the music is awesome and adds a lot to the story.
2. Big Fish. I think this movie is so artistic and fun. Another one that makes you think about life and what it's all about.
1. Becoming Jane. I know, I know. Another Jane Austen movie. But I loved it. I think Jane Austen was someone who had an amazing view of the society she lived in, and this movie is a wonderful portrayal of her.
Once again, this list is in no particular order. I rarely have a true "#1" on any list. Just a bunch of favorites. :)

0 comments: