CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

School Kind Of Sucks

So...I've been back in school now for approximately 2.5 weeks (I'm taking online classes this summer), and I'm already sick of it. I have 1 psychology class and 2 history classes. I realize I got my degree in psych, but yes, I have to take another class. Apparently a Bachelor's Degree just doesn't cut it. I suppose I will be a much more capable high school teacher if I pay $600 for one more class. Whatever.
I am a good 1.5 weeks behind in all of my classes. (Remember, the semester has only existed for 2.5.) Working full time and going to school almost full time is not fun. I've never taken summer classes, but I was under the impression that they would be easier and less time consuming. That is a lie. Apparently my professors have assumed that their class is the only one anyone is taking. This seems to be the case more often than not, no matter what semester we're talking about. I just thought they might take the "lazy days of summer" into consideration. Nope. Not even a little bit. Between the 3 classes, I will have to write 13 papers. Yes. 13. That's a lot. On top of that, I will take 10 exams. This all makes me quite ornery. When I think about the fact that these good times are costing almost $2400 it makes me even more ornery.
Then I have to take a step back and remember that I have chosen to put myself through all of this again. No one is making me do any of it. After this kind reminder, 4 things usually happen:
1) I question my sanity, and feel quite unbalanced in the head.
2) I cry. (No surprise there. That seems to be my reaction to most everything these days.)
3) I feel grateful for the opportunity to improve myself and my situation, and tell myself to suck it up.
4) I eat a lot of chocolate.
I do believe these reactions will evolve into a cycle that repeats itself on a regular basis. Hopefully no weight is gained because of it. We'll have to see.
Thanks for listening to my rant. ;)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Geez Amber! Best of luck though to ya. When you are moving up there?

Amber said...

I know. I'm certifiably crazy. :) I'm moving on July 1st.

Lindsay said...

Sending Chocolate Covered Strawberries (CCS's) your way. Surely if the chocolate is covering fruit, it instantly becomes healthy right?

I feel your pain re: School. I start my master's program on Monday. :o(